Get Involved min read
Below is a listing of volunteer opportunities currently available:
- Assist with clerical duties such as help assemble mailings
- Answer telephone (receptionist)
- Assist with filing
- Data Entry
- Serve on the Pinot & Picasso event committee. This committee begins to meet in the early Fall all the way through to the actual event is held in the later part of November. Pinot & Picasso is a major fundraiser and is Helping People Succeed’s signature event. It is also utilized as a debut for our Art for Living Calendar.
- Serve on the White Shirt Night event committee. This committee beings to meet in the month of March all the way through until the event takes place in mid-June. This is fun and casual event that involves our local artists.
Community Awareness and Communications
- Serve on the Marketing and Communications Committee. This committee meets on a monthly basis and is directly involved with the marketing activities (community outreach) of Helping People Succeed.
- Become an ambassador of Helping People Succeed by joining our Speaker Bureau.
- Help identify and contact gated communities, churches and civic organizations who may be interested in learning more about Helping People Succeed.
- April Showers – a month-long event where “shower” boxes for baby items donations are distributed throughout Martin and St. Lucie counties. You may help contact local businesses, deliver boxes and check-in with the business periodically.
Baby Steps (Children) –
- Music and Movement Classes are held throughout the week for children up to age 5 and their parents. Duties would include checking people in, helping during the classes by making sure people are participating, cheering on the activities, and assisting with picking up toys and musical instruments at the end of the session. This is an ongoing regularly scheduled activity.
Community Connections (Adults) –
- Assists with learning efforts for adults with disabilities through working directly with the participants in a variety of settings such as community outings (picnics, trips to the library, etc.) and volunteer outings (delivering meals on wheels, humane society, etc.). A staff member of Helping People Succeed will always be present.
Behavioral Health Services (Children) –
- Volunteers needed during the summer for camp success – an eight-week long camp.
Employment Options (Adults) –
- Assist with identifying potential employers.
- Assist with learning experiences for individuals seeking employment such as helping write resumes, outings and other activities that help prepare a person for work. A staff member of Helping People Succeed will always be present.